Friday, October 30, 2009

MJ knows his shoulder pads

I went to see the Michael Jackson documentary 'This is it' during the week and besides the fact that he wears this awesome black leather, rhinestone embellished jacket with uber-high shoulder pads at one point, I thought it kind of sucked. Anyways, inspired by his shoulder pads which I know is sort of last season but whatever I decided to find High street alternatives...



< This one is from Laura Whitmore of MTV's collection at A|wear. Though I kind of got off to a bad start as this dress doesn’t even HAVE high shoulders I just though it'd be easy to sew them on if you're handy with a needle, and it's a really hot dress. Oh, and at just €45 you can’t really go wrong. However, I'll be waiting for it to go on sale...




< This trophy jacket is from Topshop - love the shoulders but am a little undecided as to what you would wear with it without looking kind of jester-ish... £85 so in Euros it should cost over €100. Quality guaranteed and you get to walk down Grafton Street swinging your green handled Topshop bag...



< Ok so hers is Balmain but Topshop's version is pretty okish too!



< Isn't this jacket so cool? Also a Topshop purchase but I love the combo of the leather and the quirky shoulder pads... a little like Victoria Beckham's (don’t worry I'm not one of those people who are all like OMFG I just read OK! Magazine that Cheryl Cole's marriage is on the rocks ... I just really do love her jacket) Topshop's version is about €70-80 which is cheaper than the punch-and-Judy one before...




< New Look is my hidden gem - surprisingly low prices (especially during sales - i once got a Black ra-ra skirt for €1.50 which induced funny squeaky noises of delight for the next hour or so) and good enough quality stuff. This dress is £18 so about €25 - €30 (it's so annoying they don't have the prices in Euros) and they also have it in cream. Good for day or night - could be seen at the Tripod on a Friday night in the cream version with the black suede platform heels for €17 in Penneys or the navy version with black tights and black over-the-knee boots in the park. SORTED.



< This is the warehouse version - personally I'm not too big on the buttons but I guess you could work it. However I do adore the shoulders...€72, sizes 6-16.




< This is a little more risqué but if you think you can pull it off, good luck to ya :) Also a Warehouse number but slightly splurge worthy at €97.

Well now I'm getting a slight twitch from typing and I really must eat myself some breakfast so...

...AU REVOIR :*

No comments:

Post a Comment